MG India has launched its new full-sized SUV, Gloster with an introductory price tag between ₹.28.98 lakh and ₹.33.58 lakh (ex-showroom price).
It was first unveiled during the 2020 Auto Expo. MG Gloster is available in 6- and 7-seater configuration and 4 trim options – Super, Smart, Sharp and Savvy with 2 diesel engine options (2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine and single turbo-diesel engine).
Going into the details of the features and specifications of MG Gloster SUV, it has got only an 8-speed automatic gear transmission option to choose.
Let us just look at some of the specifications of MG Gloster SUV
- The single turbocharger is capable of generating 163 HP and 376 Nm.
- The 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine will generate 215 HP and 480 Nm.
- In terms of dimensions – MG Gloster has a length of 4985mm, a width of 1,926mm, a height of 1,867mm, and a wheelbase length of 2,950mm.
Looking at some of the features of MG Gloster SUV
- It is available as a 6-seater as well as a 7-seater.
- It offers LED headlights, LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, and diamond-cut alloy wheels.
- Push-button start/stop, cruise control,
- A semi-digital instrument panel (with 8-inch TFT MID), a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with iSmart connectivity suite
- Ventilated front seats, massage seat (driver),
- Ambient lighting, panoramic sunroof,
- A 3-zone climate control system,
- Level-1 autonomous functions include auto park assist, adaptive cruise control, forward-collision warning system, and automatic emergency braking.
The introductory price is valid till 31st October 2020 or for the first 2,000 customers (whichever is earlier). However, the prices include 50,000 worth MG Shield Customization.
Also, Read | Kia Seltos SUV Launched in India @ Rs 9.69 Lakhs
MG Gloster SUV will compete with Toyota’s Fortuner, Mahindra’s Alturas G4 and Ford’s Endeavour in this segment. The new MG Gloster is a rebadged version of the Maxus D90, a ladder-frame luxury SUV by SIAC Motor which is the owner of MG brand.