Mercedes Maybach GLS 600 is the top of the line ultra luxury SUV which will be launched in India on June 8, 2021.
The German car manufacturer has announced the officially which falls under its plan of launching 15 models in India during this year.
Mercedes Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC ultra luxury SUV was first showcased two years ago for the global market.
Mercedes GLS Maybach 600 SUV will take on rivals like the Bentley Bentayga, Rolls-Royce Cullinan and the Range Rover SUV models.
Mercedes Maybach GLS 600 Highlights:
- The Mercedes GLS Maybach 600 is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine with a 48-volt on-board electrical system and integrated starter-alternator (ISG).
- The engine is mated to a 9G-Tronic automatic unit and can generate 558 Ps of power and 730 Nm of torque.
- The EQ Boost can help to boost up performance by an additional 250 Nm of torque and 22 Ps of power.
- Radiator grille and the Maybach emblem on the exterior body.
- It sits on 22-inch wheel and 23-inch wheel options in markets where available.
- The exterior gets a dual-tone colour scheme.
- The cabin is offered with a choice of either 4 or 5-seater configurations.
- It gets a 12.3-inch main infotainment system with MBUX, a 12.3-inch driver display, Burmester surround sound system, ambient lights.
- It gets a panoramic sunroof.
- For more creature comforts, Mercedes added climatised massage seats, folding tables and a refrigerator.
- At the rear, passengers get comfortable legroom space with push back seats that can be inclined up to 43.5 degrees.
Mercedes claims that the decision will benefit not just buyers but dealers as well. On one hand, Mercedes will offer similar best price for all customers in India and on the other hand, it will scrap any need for negotiations at dealer level. This will therefore, allow the buyer to save time and look at a larger pool of cars to choose. The scheme will also help dealers to have more inventory and no market-facing risk.
Mercedes- Benz India has announced a change in how customers in the country can buy their vehicles. The company is implementing ‘direct to customer’ retail model called Retail of the Future (ROTF) through its established franchise network. This means that Mercedes will now own the centralised stock and process the centralised ordering system.