India wrapped up the Test series 2-0 against Bangladesh at home. The 2nd and the last match also ended with an innings defeat for the tourist Bangladesh team.
Playing the first Day/Night Test match in the Test cricket history, India registered an easy win over Bangladesh with a margin of 46 runs. With this win, India not only the match but also the Test Series against Bangladesh.
Apart from the test series win, India has achieved some of the landmarks in the Test Cricket History. Both as a team and as well as the individuals, this Day/Night test match has its own place in the International and India cricket.
Batting first, India scored a huge total of 347/9. Batting second, Bangladesh scored 106 runs (1st innings), 195/9 runs (2nd innings).
Here is the list of records India has created with this win
- India records their 12th successive series win at home overtaking Australia’s 10 successive test match wins.
- This is the 7th successive Test victory under Virat Kohli’s captaincy surpassing MS Dhoni’s 6-Test winning streak.
- India marks their first-ever pink-ball Test.
- India register wins in the first Day/night test match.
- India became the first team to register 4 consecutive Tests wins by an innings margin.
- Defeated South Africa by innings & 137 runs at Pune
- Defeated South Africa by innings & 202 runs at Ranchi
- Defeated Bangladesh by innings & 130 runs at Indore
- Defeated Bangladesh by innings & 46 runs at Kolkata
- Virat Kohli has now 11 innings win record against Dhoni’s 9 innings win.
- Virat Kohli placed himself in the 5th spot of most test match wins in the world. He is the topmost successful Indian Test captain (53 Matches, Won 33, Lost 10, Win % 62.26) leaving behind Dhoni, Ganguly, and Azharuddin.
- Indian pacers best performance (claimed 19 wickets) in a home Test match. The previous best was 17 against Sri Lanka at Kolkata in 2017/18.
- Indian spinners worst performance as they go wicketless in a home Test for the 2nd time in Indian test cricket history.