Protect yourself and others around you by knowing some of the simple facts and by taking appropriate precautions.
General Advice to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Follow the advice provided by your local health authority apart from the following general advice.
- Clean your hands often by using soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand wash.
- Social Distancing – Maintain a safe distance (Minimum 3 ft.) from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible. Mask should cover the nose and mouth completely. Masks can help prevent the spread of the virus from the person wearing the mask to others. Masks alone do not protect against COVID-19 and should be combined with physical distancing and hand hygiene.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth frequently.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell (fever, cough, cold).
- If you have a fever, cough, cold and difficulty in breathing then seek medical attention immediately.
Natural Remedies and precautions
Natural food itself is an excellent player for increasing immunity. Fruits and vegetables are the nature’s gift for mankind which act as medicines for many of the diseases. Especially the Indian traditional food making constitutes a number of immunity ingredients.
Some of them are as follows:
- Carica (Indian name Papaya) – 1 or 2 per week
- Banana fruit – 1 per day
- Citrus or Lemon or Orange – Daily 1
- Citrus Limetta or Sweet Lime – Daily
- Drum Sticks
- Raw Banana
- Leafy vegetables like mint, coriander etc
Health drinks that can be prepared at home
Some of the homemade syrup types can prevent the COVID-19 from affecting us. Here are some
- Prepare this drink with 1 ltr of water. Take 1 ltr of water and mix 5 leaves of Holy basil (Indian name – Tulasi), a pinch of Turmeric, 5 cloves, a small quantity of Cinnamon, and a pinch of dry ginger powder. Allow this mixed water to boil till 1ltr of the liquid becomes 1/2 ltr.
- Take 1 ltr quantity of water and mix small tablespoon turmeric in it. Boil this until the water mixture becomes 1/4 ltr.
- Eating one Garlic seed per day by cooked in steam
- Vapourising is another technique. Take some quantity of fully boiled water and mix Indian local ointments like Vicks or Zinda Tilismat in a very very small quantity and breathe the vapour for 5 mins.
Medicines without Doctor prescription
- Vitamin C tablets daily 1
- Vitamin D tablets Weekly once 1 tablet / D3 drops
- Iron and Zinc tablets weekly thrice
- Vitamin E tabs
- B.complex tablet daily 1
Apart from the above said, home food is best preferred these days. fresh food and home food will be a good option for anyone to stay healthy at any point in time.
- Dry cough
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on the skin
- Discolouration of fingers or toes
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement